In this life it is so tempting to live to glorify ourselves. It creeps in. Do I have that person's approval? Do they like me? Do they think I'm a good Christian? Do they think I'm a good wife or mom or friend?
I am studying this week in Anne Graham Lotz's bible study, Pursuing more of Jesus. She is a very gifted woman of God, yet I am struck by her humility. She doesn't have it all figured out necessarily, even if she is a "Graham." She's just another believer walking this walk, running this race, striving to live for His glory.
As I am reminded in John 17 that Jesus lived to glorify His father--even Jesus, who is the Father himself--I am humbled to realize that though this is my greatest desire, maybe I don't do such a good job of it sometimes. In my outward actions I might do okay, but in my thoughts I can easily get sidetracked by that self-glorifying mentality.
So, I am pondering this today. Praying that I can live to glorify my Father in heaven. Only. Laying down all those distracting thoughts that plague me. Focusing on this job He has for me to do today. Thanking Him for being so patient with me, so willing to give me a myriad of second chances. Thanking Him for blessing me--continually--with tangible blessings, big and small, and most of all, with the blessing of His presence. His Spirit.
Here's a little glimpse of one of my "thankfuls" from my gratitude journal this week...
#557. the pure & simple joy of our one year old :)

No comments:
Post a Comment