Why blog? My goodness, I can't believe I'm doing this. In fact, right now I'm secretly writing this post, not telling even my husband that I'm considering starting this blog...yet. I guess I really question my motives. I don't want to become prideful, using the blog to "show off" the latest that my kids have done...but I do want to share with extended family and friends some of the latest moments of these growing little ones. They really are growing up too fast, and I am afraid I'm not doing a great job of documenting it (hence the 100's of pictures i still need to download & the baby books that haven't been started). I don't want to be a preacher...but I do want to share what God is doing in our lives, and hopefully spill over some Truth that might just affect someone's day. Ultimately, I just want to give glory where it is due...and I believe that is only to Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.
My main calling in life right now is "wife & mommy" to 3 energetic boys & 1 amazing husband. I am humbled continually on this journey. Longing to draw closer to God, longing to lead our kids to Him. Failing all the time, and getting back up again. For the glory due his name. We're raising up warriors, in this world that is often full of deception where we don't even realize, we long to raise our boys up to fight for Truth--in the Lord's army. To love all people, even their enemies. To trust in a holy & soveriegn God. To know their need for a Savior. Despite the fact that it sometimes may seem countercultural or too in your face for some, living for Jesus is the way. The only way. That is what we believe, that is what we strive to live out in the day to day. Though we are human and will never reach perfection on this earth, we have a God who is bigger than any circumstance we could ever face. I pray for strength to trust in that every day. So, here it goes. I'm officially a 'blogger.' Weird! For the glory due His name!
You go with your blogger self. ;) I am proud of you and excited to read what God lays on your heart. You are full of wisdom and called to a beautiful thing--an excellent thing--of raising up these men. I am thankful to be walking at your side.
ReplyDelete