I admit. I thought I'd be holding a newborn baby in my arms by today. But I'm not. I know God's timing is absolutely perfect. And I am one of those weird people who actually enjoys being pregnant (mostly), but I guess it's just an expectation thing. Thinking things would be one way, and then finding out that God's plan was not exactly lined up with mine. He shows me yet again that it is actually supposed to be the other way around!
Seasons of waiting are not easy. Waiting for the Lord to work. Knowing he is always at work. In a thousand ways, in a thousand things happening that we don't even see right around us right now. I'm thankful for the Lord's protection in these times. I know I've seen it in my past. His faithfulness when I was discouraged by a season of waiting. Maybe right now He just knows I need one more full night's sleep, or that my husband does! Or maybe one of these little boys needs another moment with mommy all his own. Who knows.
Even amidst the more trying days lately, when the devil tries to get me down in various ways, I've seen God pulling me toward himself, pointing my gaze upward, reminding me of His grace that surrounds.
And so we wait...and one day (or night) soon, we will meet this little miracle that seems so cozy to just stay right here in my belly:)
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6
"Wait for the Lord. Be strong, and let your heart take courage. Wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

This picture is so beautiful. I love looking at it. Today is September 16th and we continue to wait.....!! Love, Kit
ReplyDeleteHi Emily! I keep checking your blog to see if the wait is over! I'm so excited to hear your big news when he or she gets here. Thinking of you! Take Care, Helen Kemp
ReplyDelete