Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Clarifying purpose

I am back! I have been so blessed by this short time of clarification of my purpose in this virtual world. God revealed plainly to me what he wanted me to do...and not do, I believe. I spend much less time on here, and the lid to the laptop stays closed most of the day. For me, that's the way it needs to be. My main purpose and calling is this family, my husband and these children. I must be faithful to that. He has been so faithful to equip me for this.

What I want to do on here is just leave a legacy. Share the thoughts the Lord has impressed upon my soul. Bless another, perhaps, and bless my children one day. Remind myself in days ahead just where I've come from and what God has taught me along the way.

From my time in Nehemiah this week, I have been so blessed. From my time actually in the past few books of the Old Testament, God has really honed in on this subject of restoration and rebuilding. He is reminding me how he's constantly restoring these holy temples (the physical being of a believer) and constantly equipping us to rebuild things in our lives, for His kingdom's glory. There is so much hurt. So much heavy "stuff" in this world. It's almost overwhelming just getting through a day sometimes, hearing about the hurt and pain in lives around me. But...GOD. When it all comes down to it, that's what matters. He cares. He is always working.

Nehemiah was a spiritual giant, a prayer warrior to lead all warriors! One really cool thing I've learned from Nehemiah is that when I pray I really can (and should) just lay it down, and then walk on in faith. He did that time and time again. A situation arose, he prayed to the God of heaven, laid it at His feet, and then went on doing what he had been called to do. He did not mull over it for days, he did not worry about what everyone else thought of him, he did not try to "fix" everything in his own strength. He left it at God's feet. He didn't pick it back up. He was bold yet humble in his prayers; he did not hold back. He believed God to be true to his word. He desires to bless his children. He desires them to walk in freedom.

This day is sacred to the Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. ~Neh. 8:10 

So, my head up now, I feel a new sense of purpose to walk forward in this thing I have been called to. I am raising little men, loving their daddy, and serving those around me in ways I am called to serve, only by His strength, in His power. May I do what is possible, and leave the impossible to the LORD.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this week in Nehemiah too! It was so cool to see how he prayed. I was always taught to pray with the acronym ACTS( Adoration, confession, thanksgiving, supplication) and his prayers follow that to a T. It seems that we have alot in common with what God is doing in our lives right now- I am really trying to live saying YES to Jesus day in and day out and truly walking with Him. I'm so excited to see what God will do through you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing. i need to also pray and lay it down. only He can carry the burden but i struggle to try and "help" him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you and love your desire to hear and obey His lead. You bless me.

    ReplyDelete