Then I was led this morning to Psalm 37. God is so wise!
"Do not fret because of evil men...Trust in the Lord and do good...Delight yourself in the Lord...He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn...Refrain from anger and turn from wrath...evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land."
Wow! It was like God knew I was working this out in my spirit before I even did. I just have a passion for the little boys in my life to be warriors for God. It is so vital for them to know that God is the ultimate judge. Life is hard. People are people. They will be hurt...many times. I just long for them to understand that no matter what--there is no exception--God is good. He is sovereign. He cares. And He loves them. No matter what. He can be trusted.
It might not always seem like the "cool" thing or even the best idea to do what's right in God's sight. To live according to His word, instead of by the standards of the world. It might not seem like the bad guys are getting what they deserve. But in the end, it will always pay off. We will inherit our "land"...our inheritance in Christ...and the wicked will be destroyed. God is our righteous judge. The bad guy never wins!
"The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble. The Lord helps them and delivers them; he delivers them from the wicked and saves them, because they take refuge in him." Psalm 37:39-40
No comments:
Post a Comment