Monday, September 27, 2010

Multitude Mondays

I have been blessed in this blogging world. I am not one who pours over them for hours and hours. I admit I don't always keep up with what I need to read, let alone what I want to read. But I do enjoy dipping into some of these gifts. And I believe that God is there. He is leading, even in where my mouse clicks next. I am seeking. He is faithful to lead.

I'm not even sure how I happened to come upon Ann Voskamp's blog, A Holy Experience. I think it was a link on a friend of a friend's blog at some point. And when I ventured there, I discovered a gift. An honest, humble, gracious, God-fearing woman who is sharing her gift with the world. Her words are beauty on the page, inspired by an intimate walk with her Creator.

So I am joining her in an endeavor she started called "Multitude Mondays." It's an endeavor of gratitude. Being intentional to see God in our moments and to give thanks. We were designed to praise.

"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise." Psalm 8:2

My goal for now is to come up with 1000 gifts. 1000 things to praise God for. 1000 moments of gratitude.

So I'm going to keep a running tab all week and every Monday, I'll document them on here (sometimes they might come straight from the mouths of babes). You are welcome to join me in giving thanks in a comment. I'm excited to start living more intentionally, giving thanks for the multitude of blessings He has bestowed. His gifts are truly endless.

Here's my list from the past few days...

#1. picnics
#2. little hands
#3. time--the grace to have enough to do what truly needs to be done
#4. boys who still like to cuddle
#5. a husband who wants me to sit with him on the couch...even if i usually end up falling asleep ;)


holy experience

5 comments:

  1. "little hands." I love the dimples on their knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picnics...YES! Had my 3rd one in a row today...on my front porch. Live for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My three precious little gifts and my amazing husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i give thanks for you, my sweet daughter, whose transparency is not omly refreshing, but humble.....and whose strength and maturity in your faith has always been an inspiration to me. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same when I supernaturally stumbled across Ann's blog. I hadn't joined her yet on any of her special days, but you are really an encouragement to. Thanks for what you share! ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete